This is an instrument that measures a wide range of veterinary biomarkers using the SPARCL™ method using onboard reference standard curves. The measurement of each sample takes only ten seconds and is initiated by pushing the injector on top of the instrument. Results are then displayed in the relevant units and can be stored on the instrument or transferred to in-house software.
Conscious of space constraints in many laboratories, the Lumini is completely self-contained with customised software onboard and has a small footprint, measuring only 23x16cm.
- Diagnostic testing and disease monitoring for companion animals
- Fully quantitative
- Species specific antibodies for all tests
- Same day results when samples arrive by 1-00 pm
- Laboratory validated with publications to support clinical utility
- Very small sample required. Serum, whole blood (100 ul), faeces (0.5-1.0 g) and urine (200 ul)
- Includes Inflammatory conditions, cancer, antibiotic stewardship, Chronic Enteropathies, Arthritis
- Praecis Dx tests are also available to other reference laboratories equipped with luminescence detection
Johnson & Johnson Case Study for SPARCL™ (pdf)
Current Lab Service assays are available for:
- Canine CRP
- Canine Haptoglobin
- Canine Procalcitonin
- Feline SAA
We are in the process of developing many more assays and are keen to collaborate with laboratories to develop these novel specific biomarker tests.
Pipette Free, Point of Care Biomarker Testing
Praecis Dx will shortly by launching a new rapid point of care test (POC) capable of differentiating between bacterial infection and other forms of inflammation
Other tests will also be included for Inflammatory conditions, cancer, cardiac conditions, antibiotic stewardship, pancreatitis, Cushings, Chronic Enteropathies, Arthritis. The low-cost instrument (Lu-Mini) will therefore be useful for POC triage testing and treatment monitoring of a wide range of common conditions affecting dogs and cats.
• Facilitate triage and disease monitoring for companion animals
• Fully quantitative
• Laboratory validated with publications to support clinical utility
• Using serum, whole blood (100 ul), faeces (0.5-1.0 g) and urine (200 ul)
• No laboratory experience required – request a demonstration Results in 20 minutes from start to finish Continuity of data from reference laboratory to POC with the values and reference ranges